Here are a few pictures from Meredith's birthday party (Sunday's celebration). Notice her choices: Strawberry Shortcake for the hats, Dora on the cake. She's a fun kid! She had a really fun time with the fam, and we're looking forward to celebrating with all of the fam on the other side Thursday night! Here are a few of the highlights...Meredith insisted that everyone wear a hat, so we thought it was only appropriate that the baby wore one as well:

Meredith opening presents:
Claire having a hard time NOT opening presents:

Update on the house:
I wish I had pictures, but my hubby forgot to take the camera with him tonight. I set it out to send with him, but being prego, I just can't remember everything! (I can barely remember anything actually.) Anyway, since he won't be out at the house until Saturday, I will give a "wordy" update instead. The tile has been laid in the entryway and in the main bathroom. It hasn't been grouted, but it will be soon.
We found out today that we have to put a new furnace on the main floor of the house (not in the attic like the old one). Unfortunately, that means we need to have a 4x4 space for this new furnace. The only space that will work is my front coat closet...sniff, sniff. So, when you come to our house for a visit, please leave your coat in the car because we won't have a place to hang it. It will also take up additional space in our office. It's not the way we would have chosen it, but we'll work with what we have! I've always thought that coat closets and office spaces were overrated anyway :) Who needs 'em?
4 comments:
cute birthday party and love the picture of you wearing the hat. so adorable! the house is definitely progressing. i will try to remember to leave my coat in the car, though i am not one who really likes to wear coats anyway...so i am good to go for all the visits :). love ya lots...m.e.
The irony of the coat closet thing: Jackie, you have more coats than anyone I know. Coats are your thing. Perhaps this "furnace" issue really isn't an issue at all. Could it possibly be that Jackie has so many coats that guests must leave their coats "in the car" so that she can hang her numerous coats in the closet??? Just a thought....HMMMM....makes me wonder. Here's a thought: perhaps a nice deer head with antlers can provide hooks in the hall for guest coats. It could stare them down as they enter and watch them as continue through the house. Watch out Tucker, this could be better than a watch dog!
While I think that Josh might like the "deer head" idea, I don't think I'm too excited about it. But thanks for the suggestion :) Maybe we'll just go with a hookline that's a little more modern (instead of redneckish). Thanks (Jenn) for volunteering to leave your coat in the car!
Great birthday pictures!!! I love the baby wearing a hat...and you look great!!! Who needs a coat closet anyway? :) Love ya!
Post a Comment