7.27.2008

6th.anniversary

Today, Josh and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary! There were flowers, cards (the kids even made one just for me...which I had to laugh about because it was OUR anniversary...hey, I'll take what I can get!), cookies, and more! It hasn't been a typical anniversary day, but we have had an extremely enjoyable day nonetheless :) Today was our annual church picnic, so we spent the day at a park just south of town with our church family whom we adore!

We started our day at 6:30 am, and we made chocolate chip cookies for the picnic even though our letter of the alphabet was supposed to bring a side dish. Rebels. What can I say? Cookies just sounded better than salad....don't they always? :)

Anyway, there was tons and tons of excellent food. I must admit that there is a slight advantage to walking through the beginning of the line for your kids' food and then once again for your own food. I was easily able to identify which food I would save room for on my plate. There was a lot toward the middle/end of the line that was great, but the beginning-of-the-liners didn't have room on their plates once they made it that far! When I went through the 2nd time (for myself), I heard at least 2 people say, "I don't have any room on my plate left for this!" One guy in front of me put his sandwich on top of his potato salad just to add more food...slightly gross.

The service started with a great baptism (congrats Ghrey!), continued with food/fellowship, then on to the softball game, and it ended with a swimming competition. The weather was perfect and the kids really enjoyed themselves!

We're currently back home enjoying the weather (again!) with some swimming, playing, and Popsicles.

Like I said, not a typical anniversary day, but completely enjoyable! Six years, three kids, and two houses later, we're still oh-so in love and are looking forward to another memorable year together!

No comments: