8.27.2008

morning.2

photo by Yago Spain

Ok, so it's 6:59, and I am awake again. It helped this morning that Amelia wanted to eat at 6:00. I got to stay in bed a few minutes longer to feed her (and wake myself up before having breakfast with Josh). It worked well.
We went to bed at 10:45 last night! It was fantastic. Josh said, "I can't believe we're going to bed this early!" So true. Often he falls asleep on the couch while I'm still up doing things. So, it's not really that he's sleeping any longer; he's just getting more uninterrupted sleep. That's good, too, though...and I don't have to drag him off the couch before we go to bed.
Yesterday morning: I did get some reading of Esther in before the pitter-patter of little feet came into the kitchen. However, Claire and Meredith were both up before 8:00. Too early. They are used to getting in bed with me and falling back asleep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll realize that they won't find me in bed, and they'll just stay in their own beds!
Meredith was so tired after our zoo trip yesterday that she fell asleep on the way home (about 2:00) and slept until after 5:00. No problems going to bed, though. I think she was exhausted from getting up so early...I felt the same way.
Jill called me yesterday morning around 7:45 (an hour and a half after I woke up) and said I sounded like I just got out of bed. I felt like I had just gotten out of bed! I was very tired in the morning, again for a bit in the afternoon, but I really wasn't all that tired after the kids went to bed. Although, they did need a bath before bedtime last night, and I just couldn't muster up the energy to put them in the tub. I decided I'd rather do that today than put the effort into it last night.
It kind of seems like it might be a rainy day. Or maybe it just looks like this at 7:15...I don't know...I'm usually still sleeping. Good day for a bath.
By the way, as I'm wrapping this up...I have a certain little 3 year old sitting on my lap. Boo.
Maybe this getting up early thing isn't going to be the best idea. I'm going to try coerce her into going back to sleep. Hopefully, I can stay awake through it :)
**UPDATE: It is now 7:44, and everyone is sleeping again...except me, of course.


2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Wow, keep up the good work! :)

(Your hubby sounds like mine. Always pleasantly surprised when we actually go to bed "early"!)

Jess said...

Hang in there :) You are doing a great job! It is just a routine you have to get into. It will happen with time :) I am so proud of you :) Love you tons!