8.25.2008

wanted:early.riser

I need help. Some of you are shaking your heads "yes" already! But, not that kind. I am trying to become more of a morning person.

You see, since Claire was born 5+ years ago, I've pretty much just slept in until someone woke me up (which is typically like 9:00 in the morning). It's worked well for me. It isn't working well anymore.

I'm getting to the point where I need to be up before my children. I know that I get more accomplished when they are not running through my house. I want to focus my attention on ONE thing at a time through parts of my day. I am a HUGE multi-tasker which works well for a lot of tasks, but not for all.

We go to bed fairly late around here....maybe like 11:30-12:00 on a typical night. It needs to be earlier.

All this to say, that I'm blogging about this so that I am accountable. If people know about it, I'll be more apt to do it! Here are my 3 goals (just for the rest of this week...baby steps)...

1. I will eat breakfast with Josh every morning (he'll like this one a lot...it's like 6:30 a.m.). 2. I will do my daily devos (I'm currently studying Esther, so it's a pretty good read for that early in the morning) before the kids get up. 3. I will go to bed between 10:30 and 11:00.

Oh....and I will blog my times and accomplishments daily so that you all know. Four days in a row, I will do this. Then, we'll move on to next week :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you're setting goals for this --time (just like for me) has frequently been an issue for you. I remember curfews not being met when you were younger. Sorry, I think I've nurtured that in you...I'll take responsibility for this character challenge. I wish you much success!
Love,
Mom

J.Renee said...

For sure the going to bed early thing is a huge deal. When you get 8 hours of sleep it definitely helps when getting up in the morning. Best of luck to you. I hope it all works out!!! Do you need a wake up call in the morning. Since I am usually on my way to work before 8, I would be happy to give you a ring. Later Gator!

Jess said...

Those goals are awesome!!! I just know your days will be so much more productive and blessed with your morning time with God! Nice job!!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes! Love you lots!

Klint & Sarah said...

That's sounds pretty challenging. I'll be excited to hear how it goes!

Little Bits Of Everything said...

I feel you. The summertime is great not having to get the kids up for school but it leaves me sleeping until someone (usually one of the babies) wakes me up. I have been telling myself for the last month that I need to force myself to get up before everyone. To eat, have my coffee and get my barings before bombarded with 4 kids wanting 4 different things. Alas, I haven't done it yet. Well,school starts next week so I am back to getting up at 6:15...