4.24.2009

boston.sunday

I apologize ahead of time for not having any pictures for this post...I'll have them soon, but not yet. I didn't take my camera to Fenway, so I'll post Julie's pictures once she sends them to me!

The morning started with breakfast with some of Rachel's family. They were in town because her cousin was running the marathon on Monday. Rachel had made quiche, poppy seed bread (recipe to come), Rachel Ray spinach/ham/egg things (recipe to come), and Shawn cooked up the thickest bacon I have ever seen in my life.

The food at this house was grand. I think food tastes better when you don't have to cook it yourself. Anyway, so breakfast was great.

Then we got on the train to head to the Red Sox game. The best part was that they didn't charge us for the train tickets. I guess when there are so many people on the train, they don't bother....isn't that crazy?? You'd think they would DEFINITELY charge then. It was packed.

Anyway, so Fenway Park has pretty much an entire festival going on outside of the stadium. It sounds and smells like a carnival. And there are people EVERYWHERE and they're pretty much all dressed the same.

Thankfully, Rachel outfitted us with some Red Sox hats. We totally fit in. Thanks Rae. And thank you to Shawn and Rachel for paying for our tix. So generous. My favorite part was watching the guys sell peanuts, popcorn, coke, hot dogs, and clam chowder. Yes, they sell CLAM CHOWDER up and down the aisle ways. "Chowda Here!! Getcha Clam Chowda!!" Thankfully, they don't toss those out like they do the boxes of popcorn and peanuts.

After the 6th inning (because that's all the baseball that non-baseball people can handle), we headed out to walk around town before our train left.

We went back to the house for yummy leftovers. And I forgot to mention yesterday that we had a fabulous chocolate torte made by none other than Rachel herself (recipe to follow as well). It was good the first day, and even better the second!

4 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Fun, fun, fun!!

I will be anxiously awaiting those pictures & recipes. yummmmm

Anonymous said...

I want to know how Rachel stays so thin with all this wonderful food in her house???
Mom

Julie said...

Ok, I sent the pics - you can post them already, so "all" your readers don't think I'm the loser friend! J/K

Jess said...

What an awesome time...I can't wait to see the pics and get the recipes!!! Love ya!