Picture me about to pull my hair out.
Picture me on the verge of swearing...a lot. (just on the verge)
Deep breaths. Deep breaths.
I just got off the phone with the airline regarding my damaged bag.
Yes, it's been 3 weeks and it's still not resolved. Really? Three weeks! How hard is this??
So, I've been passed around to about 5 different people, and finally today I get an answer about how much they are going to give me for my bag.
Drum roll please......
$9.
Yes, I typed that right. $9. For my bag...that was in perfect condition when I dropped it off, paid $30 to have it checked (round trip), and returned to me falling apart in two different spots.
I was asked on several occasions what brand of bag that I owned. It wasn't branded, although I could have lied about it and said, you know, Samsonite or something expensive like that! No, no, not Jackie. She would certainly NOT lie about something like that (something like how many cookies I ate...maybe...but not luggage).
Anyway, so they are so sorry for the problems and will send me $9 for my bag and a travel voucher for $50 for the next time I fly on their airline. The next time? I don't think I'll be travelling with them again.
Ok, and in the meantime, I have purchased another bag for another travel date because I don't know when they will get me a new bag or a money for a new bag.
"Ma'am, we cannot pay for that bag." I don't want you to pay for my bag...I want you to pay $40 for my OTHER bag...that was fully functional before you lost it and destroyed it!
So, Monday morning (when manager Beth is in again), I am going to be giving her a call sometime between 10 am and 6:30 pm. You can bet that at around 10:02 there will be a nice children's video playing at our house and a phone call being made to manager Beth.
Hopefully, I'll be much calmer by then and will not sound so irate on the phone. I will be collecting my thoughts and writing my notes out. And if this isn't resolved, my faithful blogger buddies will all know which airline NOT to fly on the next time you travel.
Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Seriously $9?
3 comments:
Seriously--$9. Oh brother!! No one could replace a bag for $9. Good luck!! Keep us posted!! julie
That is ridiculous! One of my co-worker's sons went to Australia for a year or something and took all of his belongings in luggage...yeah, they lost all of them. And it has been years and he hasn't gotten a thing. Not sure what airlines, but maybe they are the same :) Good luck with your phone call :)
GRRRRRR!!!! You can barely buy lunch for $9 let alone a new piece of luggage. GRRRR!!!
Post a Comment