Ok, so back to the answering machine...
So, then I was thinking about our answering machine message when we were growing up. Do you remember, Jill? Mom?
Really, how could you forget?
Jill and I saved our money for a very long time to purchase our very own keyboard. It was a lot of money when we were 10 or 12 or however old we were at the time. I think it was $50 or $60 or something.
Anyway, so there were some auto music buttons on it that would play a "boxed beat" of some sort. There were all kinds to choose from, and you could speed up the pace or slow it down.
So, being the "rad" girls that we were in 1990 (almost 20 years ago....where does the time go?), we chose the rap-like beat and made up our own answering machine message. Are you ready for this?
(each of us alternating lines...singing/rapping/whatever)
"This is Jac and Jill and were here to say,
Leave a message on our machine today.
We're not able to come to the phone,
Leave your name and number after the tone."
Classic. Pure classic.
...and slightly embarrassing when you're 30.
2 comments:
oh man, that is great!!! I'm glad our family isn't the only one with dorky girls thinking up dorky ideas....
funny!
I loved that message!! You really need to post the rest of the jingle. Love Mom
Post a Comment