I threw this together tonight for dinner just because I had all of the ingredients. It is super easy and very tasty. This is the 2nd time that I've made it, so I'm convinced it's a keeper! The kids even love it!!! I think I got it out of the Kraft Food and Family magazine.
4 small chicken breasts (I use 3 large)
1/4 c. Italian dressing
1 1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 c. broccoli
1 c. rice, uncooked
1/4 c. sliced toasted almonds (I cook them in a small pan sprayed with a little cooking spray until they're browned)
1. Cook chicken in 2 T. Italian dressing in a large nonstick skillet on med. heat for about 4 minutes on each side or until evenly browned.
2. Stir in broth, garlic powder, and remaining dressing; bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken (not liquid); cover to keep warm.
3. Add broccoli to skillet; cook uncovered for 3 minutes. Stir in rice and 3 T nuts. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 7 minutes. Serve the chicken over rice and top with remaining nuts.
Happy cooking!
1 comment:
Sounds delish--and so simple! Thanks for stopping by Simple Bites and sharing with us.
PS. Hope your daughter is home safe & sound soon. Hang in there.
Post a Comment