I don't know about the rest of you while you're pregnant, but I have SERIOUS prego brain! I confuse things oh-so-easily.
Now, I've labeled this as "round 1". We all know that this is not the case. This is just the first documentation. I'll be sure to document further instances as they arise, and I assure you that they will! :)
Here we go...
I made beef stew the other night for the first time. It's a pretty simple recipe. I put it on the table, and Josh says, "Did you do something different this time?" Nope. Same recipe, but I had noticed that it seemed a bit "soupier" (is that a word?) than usual. We ate it.
Got the leftovers out last night. I said, "This is so much more watery that usual. I just don't know what went wrong!" Josh: "Are you sure you didn't leave anything out?" I was sure.
I decided to get out the recipe to double check. Meat...check. Potatoes...check. Carrots...check. 1 cup water...ch...uh-oh.
And there it was. 1 cup water. Simple enough. Right?
Let's just say that when you put 4 (FOUR!) cups of water in your stew instead of 1 cup of water, it makes a bit of a difference. It is a bit soupier at that point. Oops.
2 comments:
Oh, I remember those days! I think some of it has stuck with me though :)
Way to stretch the food budget!!
Love Ya,
Mom
Post a Comment