11.20.2010

a.zillion.things.made.in.china

Loved this conversation with my girls this morning....

Claire:  Mom, this says made in C-h-i-n-a. What does that spell?
Me:  China.  That toy was made in China. 
Claire:  Meredith!  We have a toy that came from China!!!
(Me thinking:  Wow.  My children are soooo not in the know about things made in China.)

The conversation goes on as we pick up lots of their toys to see where they're all made:  Mexico, Switzerland, lots of Chinas.  I inform them that lots and lots of stuff is made in China. 

A bit later...while picking up the pieces to 8 puzzles that Amelia dumped (of course)...

Meredith:  There must be a zillion pieces here!
Me:  Probably not quite a zillion.
Claire:  Is a "zillion" a real number?
Me:  No.
Claire:  Did we make it up?
Me:  No, someone else made it up, but lots of people use it.
Claire:  Who made it up?
Me:  I don't know.
Meredith:  I bet they made it in China. 

Classic.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is priceless :)