1.18.2012
{the breakfast police}
So, this morning, Amelia was busy buttering her bagel when I walked out into the kitchen. I had been in and out while they were getting their breakfast around because I had been printing some papers in the office.
I walk out into the kitchen to the smell of burnt toast. I said, "Who burnt something? Did somebody burn some toast?"
I didn't see anything burnt, but the toaster was set on "3" which is kind of a "charred" setting on our toaster {and the craziest part is that it goes all the way up to 5...what?!!}.
Anyway, Amelia was the only one standing near the toaster. I said, "Did you push the button down when nothing was in it?"
She shook her head yes.
Me: Ok, well, don't do that. That's not a good idea, and it's not safe.
Amelia: {in a very sweet voice, as she goes back to buttering her bagel} Will the police pull me over?
Me: {laughing on the inside} No.
Amelia: {to herself...kind of mumbling} I see them a lot. They are around a lot.
{Oh to live in a world where the biggest problem our law enforcement would face was 3 year olds engaging toasters with no bread!}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such a fun story!!! So sweet!
:) laughing...
Post a Comment