Yesterday was Meredith's 7th birthday. It truly was a fabulous day. Two years ago, we celebrated Meredith's birthday in the hospital. Claire was in for one of her fever spikes. I was so sad for Meredith that year. Then, last year, I was sooooo sick on Meredith's birthday. When your mom is 8 months pregnant and sick with the flu and pneumonia, it doesn't make for a very fun birthday either.
Needless to say, I was really looking forward to Meredith's birthday this year!! I was praying that we could just have a normal day at home to celebrate! And, thankfully, we did just that.
Here's my birthday girl!
Close up of the cake {thank you pinterest}. Seriously, I think I should go to "making castle cakes" school. This is my third variation. I'm wondering how many more will be requested. :)
Blowing out the candles! My mad decorating skills reveal the leaning towers. This makes for a great photo op, though, as it appears Meredith is blowing so hard that the towers are being blown off the cake! Fabulous.
We ate cake with some of our good friends who have 5 girls {and 1 boy}. Needless to say, there were a lot of girls running around our house last night!! So much fun.
I'll end my post with my status update from facebook yesterday:
Happy 7th birthday to my Meredith Ann! You are the emotional version of me {only magnified...which is both lovely and crazy at the same time}. Your sweetness is almost unmatched. And that mean-streak that we experience? Well, I'm hoping that will continue to work it's way out.
I love your passion for this life. You wear your heart on your sleeve. I find the creativity in your artwork absolutely beautiful. You truly impress me with your designs.
You have taught us about choosing our battles. You have taught us that some children HATE socks {and that's putting it lightly}. You are oozing with quirkiness. Your fashion sense is lovely. We love you oh so much and can't wait to see where you take this sweet life of yours.
1 comment:
I love this and I love that she was able to have a fabulous birthday at home this year!! I thought you were describing Sophie at the end. :) I love it! Cheers to embracing our children's many special qualities!! love you, friend! Happy Birthday to Meredith!!
Post a Comment