1.16.2013

{practical joke}

Tonight, I do believe, the very first non-parent-led practical joke was carried out in our home.  Claire and I were in a deep educational discussion shortly before bed.  I sent Amelia and Meredith back to their room for a bit so that Claire and I could finish our conversation.

Claire headed back to her room while I read to Meredith and Amelia.  Claire obviously didn't get into her bed {top bunk} before I was finished reading to the girls.

We all headed back to their room and chatted for a bit before they climbed in bed.  Claire began to climb her ladder, turned around, and said, "Who did this?!!  Who got in my bed?!!"

I had no clue what was happening.  I looked over at Meredith, and she had the biggest grin on her face!  It was hilarious.  I said, "I don't know what happened to your bed, but Meredith looks awfully guilty!"  We all laughed.

I checked out the bed, and there were Duplo blocks scattered all across Claire's bed.  Nothing major, but Meredith and Amelia were laughing so hard.  They were so proud of themselves.

No comments: