I haven't posted a new recipe on here in a while. This is a recipe that my mother-in-law asked me to bring one year for a holiday dinner. She always likes a salad of some sort. When I think of a salad, I think of something green. She thinks of something green or fruity.
I would consider this raspberry "salad" more of a raspberry dessert, but you'll certainly never find me complaining about eating dessert during the salad part of the meal.
The other thing that we never know is how to correctly pronounce the name of this salad/dessert. The cookbook says "Raspberry Tokie". How do you pronounce the t-o-k-i-e? Toe-key? Or tah-key? Tu-may-toe, tu-mah-toe...I suppose.
Anyway, pronunciation aside, this is a very tasty and easy make-ahead dish.
Raspberry Salad/Dessert/Tokie
2 {3 oz. each} boxes raspberry jello
2 {3 oz. each} boxes instant vanilla pudding
2 {10 oz. each} packages frozen raspberries
4 cups hot water
1 small container whipped topping
1. Put all ingredients {except whipped topping} in a large pot. Stir well, and bring just to a boil.
2. Pour raspberry mixture into a 9x13 dish. Refrigerate until set.
3. Spread with whipped topping.
Notes:
-I always make this the night before and let it set overnight.
-After bringing the ingredients to a boil, I let it cool for a bit before putting it in the refrigerator...it's obviously very hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment