9.09.2008

10:35 p.m.

Well, we had an eventful afternoon. I called Josh to come home early so that I didn't have to load the kids up and head out for more meds. He didn't have too much craziness at work today, so he was able to come home.

Around 3:00, Claire said her head hurt and she didn't feel well. We took her temp and it was 105.2. With the headache, that number was high enough for me to call the doc's office. They wanted to see her.

We took her in, and they looked her over and had her pee in a cup. She didn't want to. On a side note, when I was prego with Amelia, I had to pee in a cup at every OB appointment. Each time, Claire would ask, "Can I pee in a cup, too?" No. Well, here was her big chance, and she didn't even want to! She did anyway (with a little encouragement from the trickling water in the sink).

Anyway, the sample showed that she had a urinary tract infection. I was thrilled! I know that sounds bad, but I was just thankful to know what was wrong with her. A couple of years ago, we sat in that hospital for 4 days having temps consistently register around 103 and get as high as 107. No one knew why she couldn't keep her temps down, and she didn't want to take her meds. She would be fine for an hour, and then she would shiver, shake, sweat, etc. I felt just helpless. I was starting to feel like we were getting ready to have round #2. So, the UTI was the best news I received today!

So, thank you all for your prayers for Claire. Her temp was up again tonight before she went to bed, but we were easily able to get her to take her Motrin since we purchased the chewables. The first round of the UTI meds didn't go down so well. She screamed really loud and spit part of it out didn't like it. She's not looking forward to more tomorrow. It's only 2 times a day. Tomorrow a.m. will be an interesting time. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: