When I say that this is easy chicken, what I really mean is this: this is the easiest chicken you will ever make. And it's soooo buget-friendly (one of my favorite parts). I buy these typically for 88 cents a pound...there were some on sale at the beginning of the week for 65 cents per pound. Are you kidding me??? I bought 4. I only needed 1.
Jackie Chicken (adapted from this oven-roasted chicken at Tammy's recipes)
1 whole chicken (any size)
optional: spice of your choice (we typically use rosemary or garlic)
1. Take chicken out of package. Pull out innards if your chicken has them.
2. Rinse and pat dry.
3. Place, breast side down, in a rosting dish. (I don't have one, so I use my 8-quart Pampered Chef stock pot with some balled-up foil in the bottom to hold it up.)
4. Optional (not in our house): sprinkle with rosemary or garlic.
5. Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes per pound of chicken.
6. Let rest for a few minutes out of the oven...maybe 15?
7. Pull it apart (it will probably fall apart) and try not to be a pig.
No comments:
Post a Comment