We'll get back to spring cleaning soon! Don't worry. In the meantime, check out this litte project that I did a couple of weeks ago.
Josh and I needed a box for our kitchen counter to hold some stuff that we didn't want sitting out. He says (as he does almost anytime we need anything like this), "I can make one." That's all nice, honey, but I really want a pretty one. And again, not that he doesn't make pretty things, but I wanted something that wasn't wood. There is wood stuff everywhere in my kitchen.
So, I told him that I would take care of it. I just knew Hobby Lobby would come to my rescue.
So, I loaded up the kiddos, and we headed to Hobby Lobby to find a box. I knew that I had some Mod Podge at home, but I've never decoupaged anything! Are you surprised? I actually am.
I thought we could find a simple wood box, and I would pick out some scrapbook paper or fabric or something.
I typically gravitate toward the clearance aisle in every store (but I thought I'd look in the regular aisles first...I had a 40% off coupon, you know). However, I just ended up in a clearance aisle (on accident...I promise). It wasn't the normal clearance section...it was BETTER...90% off! And there was a box. Right size, right shape, lots of dings. Originally $30 (ha!)...I bought it for $3.
Add 3 pieces of scrapbook paper, and you get a grand total of $4.85. Check it out...
Love it.
4 comments:
Too cute!!!
Impressive - way to go!
That box turned out great! You are so creative!!!
It's very "pretty!" Love it! I wish I had your creativity.
So elegant! :)
Mom
Post a Comment