Claire and I recently went to get haircuts. She only got a trim, but she asked Miss Jill to curl her hair into big curls before we headed home. Miss Jill delivered. After seeing the concoction of curls on my normally ponytailed tomboy's head, I informed Miss Jill that Josh might not let Claire return for more hairdos. :)
I'm encouraged to know that my child who constantly wears ponytails, camo hats, cut off jeans, and t-shirts, might have a hint of girly-ness in her after all.
She comes by her tomboy ways honestly. I'm pretty sure when I was in 5th grade, my mother thought I would never wear makeup, heels, or a dress except on my wedding day...and that was maybe iffy. I loved going to car shows with my dad, playing football on the playground with the boys, and I thought playing Barbies was one of the silliest activities on the face of the earth.
I'm still not a huge makeup-high heeled-dress wearing kind of a girl, but I can clean up appropriately when necessary. I don't even mind as long as the heels are fairly comfortable. Only time will tell with my eldest.
1 comment:
She is beautiful! Just like all the ladies in your family! :)
Post a Comment